Friday, November 6, 2015

It's Been a While


Late Night Posting Again
     Really need to start working on getting into this whole thing rather than having it slip my mind. Especially with constant reminders, I shouldn't be forgetting. But oh well, we digress.
Back to normal subjects

     Continuing with 61 Hours I believe I made a correct decision in leaving the shortly enjoyed The Shining. Though very well planned and executed with a genius style that complimented it's dark and suspenseful aura, I couldn't keep myself as interested as the story seemed to become a bit more predictable, possibly arising from the fact that this is the story that started many trends and clichés for the horror genre, furthered brought into popularity with Stanley Kubrick's theatrical adaption of the novel. Genius as it may be for it's time and even up to now, I could not persuade myself to continue with interest as all events occurring in the novel kept occurring in a pattern I had seen in many other novels using The Shining as a basis for their work. With 61 Hours I found that what I had read previously had not matched at all to what I had been reading. Everything caught my attention: confusion, genius usage of plot elements, great use of connecting events and characters that otherwise never could have interacted in the slightest bit. My old post describes the lawyer as the main focal point of the story but delving further into the story led to me discovering a second main character. One that may even be of a higher level of importance than the lawyer. His name is supplied to us and we know much more of him, leading to the possibility that the lawyer may just be a connecting character, one that simply creates events, such as the bus accident, while still maintaining an interesting personality, voice, and story through his interactions with other minor characters. I look forward to later events and hope I get as attached to this story as I believe I will.

1 comment:

  1. " delving further into the story led to me discovering a second main character. One that may even be of a higher level of importance than the lawyer. His name is supplied to us and we know much more of him, leading to the possibility that the lawyer may just be a connecting character, one that simply creates events, such as the bus accident, while still maintaining an interesting personality, voice, and story through his interactions with other minor characters. I look forward to later events and hope I get as attached to this story as I believe I will."

    WHAT'S HIS NAME?? LOL! Such build up but then you never reveal who your interesting protagonist is. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete